There are several articles citing what does a company or startup expect from their employee while recruiting them. Recently we ran a survey turning around the table questioning the desires and expectations of a fresher towards looking for jobs in a company or a startup. The participants of this survey comprised of Millenials and Generation Z which is going to be the largest workforce in India in the next few years. More than 300 students across various streams took part in this survey.
1. Our first question was "What do you expect from a company as a fresher?".
These are the options given to them,
- Company Culture
- Good Management
- Industry Standard Salary
- Opportunities to apply knowledge
- Exposure to take up challenges
- Values my opinions and decisions
- Encouraging the Entrepreneurial Mindset
Below is the response we have received:
2. Our second question was "Location of company matters to you?".
3. Our third question was "Which one would you prefer first?".
4. Our fourth question was "What is your topmost priority".
5. Our fifth question was "Which one would you accept".
6. Our sixth question was "Would you prefer to work in your desired city?"
7. Our seventh question was "If given an opportunity to apply your potential/skillset in a company/startup for a normal salary. Would you make the shift?"